Monday, January 21, 2013

I had a great time in Nicaragua. It was my first time being out of the states since 1995. One thing that I learned quickly was that all of my years of taking Spanish, although handy, were not nearly enough to truly prepare me for what I encountered upon arriving to Managua, Nicaragua.

This experience has truly been an experience that I will remember for years to come! Not only did I get the opportunity to practice my Spanish, but I also got the opportunity to learn to do some hands-on business work that I did not necessarily learn in a classroom setting. Although, pretty occupied from during the day, I managed to learn how to swim during my nights when I had a bit more free time.

The people I met while in Nicaragua, were one of a kind! The people of the country were so warm and welcoming. They gave me a reason to want to come back. Moreover, the students that accompanied me on the trip (and the UMD faculty), were all so intelligent and great to be around. We had a great time learning dances, having great dinner conversations, and most of all, helping our clients in Managua, Granada, and San Juan Del Sur! Going with such great people made the experience that much more enjoyable.

Now that the trip is over, I certainly learned a lot in regards to business marketing and consulting. But beyond that, I see that I want to go back to Nicaragua! The people I met there we amazing and they so friendly. They did not let our language and culture barriers prevent them from asking me questions, getting to know me, and giving me a way to stay in touch with them. They gave me a reason to go back I look forward to doing so!






Attached, are a few pictures of my last night in Nicaragua (showing how empty it was seeing that we all were getting ready to leave) and my first day back in the U.S . Most of which are from the Camino Real Hotel and the College Park Metro Station.

1 comment:

  1. This is an awesome post. Really very informative and creative. This sharing concept is a good way to enhance the knowledge. Thank you very much for this post. I like this site very much. I like it and it help me to development very well...

    New Zealand education Consultants in Chennai | Study in Europe Consultants in Chennai | Study in Canada Education Consultants in Chennai

    ReplyDelete